Humanoid Robot Ameca Wakes Up For The First Time

 
 This was the first video engineered arts posted featuring Ameca. This has been called her wake up video although I'm sure this is not the first time the team has tested out these functions. This was just the first time it was done on camera. Her facial and body movements are preprogrammed but I am still awestruck when I see this video.

Never before has a humanoid machine seemed more lifelike to me. How is is possible that Ameca looks so real? 

The secret of course is the complex machinery inside Ameca. The team at Engineered arts has been working in the robotics game for a long time and they have made various advances in internal robotic design. Ameca has more facial motors than any previous robot the team has worked on and is probably more advanced structurally than any Android created so far. 

Her A.I may not be as advanced as Sophia  but her lifelike appearance makes her seem more real than her contemporaries. If we are looking for the shell to hold the next advanced A.I program designed to interact with humans my money would be on Ameca all the way.


Comments